There are several methods of treating fascia – connective tissue. One of the therapies has been developed by Italian physiotherapist Luigi Stecco to deal with musculoskeletal problems. Therapy focuses on deep connective tissue, or muscle fascia, which is dense connective tissue. Fascia surrounds and wraps muscles, muscle groups, blood vessels and nerves to form a three-dimensional uninterrupted system. The active structure of the fascia works mechanically when the muscles produce work (change postures or under the influence of external forces acting on the body). Forced postures and movements, trauma, surgery, and inflammation can alter the slippage of various fascial layers and cause nerve irritation in their daily activities. This can result in pain, limited range of motion, stiffness and tension – typical symptoms of myofacial pain. Studies have found that about 30% of muscle fibers are attached to bone through the fascia and the remaining 70% through the tendon. In this case, 1/3 of the generated muscle power is transmitted through fascia, which makes it an important structure for human activities and movement. Another interesting finding is the number of receptors in sensory cells. There are many more cells that detect movement and propreoception in the fascia than in the muscles, tendons, or ligaments. This gives it a very important role in controlling movement, whether or not the muscles under the fascia produce movement. In a study of patients with chronic back pain, subjects found 25% thicker fascia structures in the thoracic and lumbar spine transition region and 20% poorer connective tissue layers in the thoracic and lumbar spine. The therapy is based on the restoration of normal sliding of the different fascia layers relative to each other, which is a prerequisite for performing symmetrical and correct therapeutic exercises. The hyaluronic acid molecules between different layers of connective tissue into long chains causes a gel-like state and inhibits slippage. In the treatment of fascia, friction and heat break the chains of hyaluronic acid molecules to restore normal fascia slip. Some of the points that need to be addressed may be quite far from the symptomatic area. For example, in Achilles tendon pain, treatment points may be in the back, buttocks, and / or knees. Based on the patient’s subjective assessment, joint mobility testing and palpation of different fascia points, the points to be treated are selected. Sensitivity and pain may occur at the treated points for a few days after treatment. Although the treatment points are sensitive, do not apply cold or use anti-inflammatory drugs to normalize fascia slip. The patient should avoid, for example, rapid changes of direction on the same and the next day, as proprioception may be impaired for a short time. Contraindications to the treatment of Fascia include the use of corticosteroids, arthritis, diabetes, blood thinners, fear and / or severe tenderness or pain.